Our Ethos and Missions
At Space For Play the following principles underpin everything we do:
- Children’s needs are valued and respected.
- Every child’s voice is heard.
- Parents/carers are valued as their child’s first educator and know their children best.
- Every child is cared for as an individual.
- Children can initiate their own play and adults support this by careful observation and providing support when needed.
- Staff co-operate with children and children are a valued partner in their day and the care happening to them.
- Children are supported to become independent and confident.
We take a holistic, child-led approach and believe that children thrive when they are supported in meaningful play and cared for in an understanding, inclusive and natural environment.
Please note that there have been changes in practice due to Covid-19 guidance. Our ethos is somewhat compromised due to strict rules about spaces children can play in, toys they can play with and regular cleaning. Caregivers continue to do all they can to provide a space that reflects our ethos.