Our Ethos and Missions
At Space For Play the following principles underpin everything we do:
- Children’s needs are valued and respected.
- Every child’s voice is heard.
- Parents/carers are valued as their child’s first educator and know their children best.
- Every child is cared for as an individual.
- Children can initiate their own play and adults support this by careful observation and providing support when needed.
- Staff co-operate with children and children are a valued partner in their day and the care happening to them.
- Children are supported to become independent and confident.
We take a holistic, child-led approach and believe that children thrive when they are supported in meaningful play and cared for in an understanding, inclusive and natural environment.